Labels

Monday, July 30, 2012

An organised home is a happy home....



I am not the tidiest person in the world, (understatement of the century!) however I have learned over the years that to function at my optimal level, I need things organised.  It’s almost like Mother Nature having a laugh – making me NEED order yet making me genetically unable to obtain it.

I have tried many different things but the overall method used in our house is the “Let-it-build-up-till-I-can’t-stand-it-anymore” method.  Which doesn’t make for a very happy home. 

I have come to realise that what I need is a system.  I’m really good at coming up with systems (not particularly talented at maintaining them, but that is a topic for another day).

 “A place for everything and everything in its place”.  This is my mantra.  Although finding a place for everything and keeping it there is proving to be rather a bother.

It may be that my sister is right and I have too much stuff.  But, as I tell her, you never know when I may be called upon to make melon balls, and when that day comes, I have just the utensil to do it.

It may be that my expectations are unrealistic.  Surely there’s a limit to how tidy a home with three children (whose full-time occupation appears to be mess-creation), and a menagerie of animals can be?  

However, the most likely scenario is that my cupboards are too small.  Yes, I think that’s the problem.  And while I ponder the solution to this, and other pressing problems (like where all our missing socks go) I am going to stare longingly at these fine examples of organisational heaven and hope you do the same.



















No comments:

Post a Comment