Labels

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Keeping warm this winter....

As the weather turns colder, I look forward to getting out the slow cooker I inherited from my grandmother and cooking hearty stews.  There is something incredibly soothing about the familiar smells eminating from the kitchen - the rich, meaty goodness simmering away quietly. 
I intend to post some slow cooker recipes over the next few weeks, but for now I thought I'd share a picture of my trusty cooker.  I have no idea how old she is - all I know is she was a regular in my gran's kitchen when I was a child and that's quite some time ago.  Amazingly, she is still going strong.  They made things to last back then.



How about you?  Do you have any special meals that you associate with winter?  What are your favourite things to do when the weather starts to get colder?  I'd love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment