Labels

Thursday, July 31, 2014

One whole year later….

So, it’s been over a year since my last blog post.  I can’t say I’m surprised.  I started the blog with grand aspirations, hoping to use it as a fun and creative tool while I worked in real estate (now referred to as “The Dark Years”).   

I guess I wanted it to incorporate too much – it was too great a task.  To be a fun and quirky diary of sorts, as well as a marketing tool for work.  When it came to writing posts, the fun stuff seemed too informal and the work stuff too dry.  I just couldn’t get the balance right.

That, and the mind-numbing, soul-destroying business of selling real estate.  Which I hated.  (Can you tell?)  That daily grind crushed any and all creative impulses I may have had.  Like a dark, soul-sucking, joy-crushing dementor.

Add to that a kind of performance anxiety which I found quite crippling.  The feeling that no blog I wrote could compete with the fabulousness that’s to be found out there in blog land.  All those talented Mommy Bloggers with their top notch layouts and high quality photographs had me giving up before I’d even started, while pondering the futility of it all.  So, my quest for blog perfection resulted in no actual blogging getting done.  Oh the irony.


Going back to basics is the way forward.  

No comments:

Post a Comment