Labels

Friday, June 19, 2015

In praise of plodders...

Cripes!  It's been a while since I've been here.  I don't know why I find it so difficult to blog regularly.  It's not for lack of material - I have loads of unfinished, unpublished blogs lying in a folder on my laptop.  I can't really blame lack of time either, as if I really applied myself, I could make the time.

I guess I'm a "starter" rather than a "see-it-through-and-finish-it-er".  I ride the wave of blogging inspiration for only so long and then I crash and drown.

I take my hat off to all those mommy bloggers who plug away, day in and day out, churning out the interesting, inspiring and entertaining blog posts that I so enjoy reading.  Fair enough, in most cases it's the way they've chosen to make their living but even if this blog provided a source of income for me, I think I'd still be utterly useless at it.

And so, the challenge I have set myself is to be a plodder.  To plod on with the task at hand and not flit off to the next thing like some ADD butterfly.  And not only in blogging, as this "start and never finish" issue has crept in to every aspect of my life.  The number of sewing, DIY, decor and other projects lying, unfinished in various cupboards within my house is truly beyond belief.

I've decided that plodders get stuff done.  And I want to get stuff done.  So a plodder a shall attempt to become!  Let's see how it goes.....

No comments:

Post a Comment